CHEMICAL ANALYSIS BY OPTICAL EMISSION SPECTROMETER
- Optical emission spectrometry involves applying electrical energy in the form of spark generated between an electrode and a metal sample, where by the vaporized atoms are brought to a high energy state within a so-called “discharge plasma”.These excited atoms and ions in the discharge plasma create a unique emission spectrum specific to each element. Thus, a single element generates numerous characteristic emission spectral lines.Therefore, the light generated by the discharge can be said to be a collection of the spectral lines generated by the elements in the sample.
This light is split by a diffraction grating to extract the emission spectrum for the target elements. The intensity of each emission spectrum depends on the concentration of the element in the sample. Detectors (photomultiplier tubes) measure the presence or absence or presence of the spectrum extracted for each element and the intensity of the spectrum to perform qualitative and quantitative analysis of the elements.
- We have installed CCD based Optical Emission Spectrometer which gives faster, highly accurate and reliable results. We are having a facility of chemical analysis of Iron, Aluminum, Copper, Nickel and Titanium based alloys.
- Wet analysis is the traditional method of element analysis using laboratory beakers and
flasks to manipulate a sample in order to identify a single element. Wet Chemistry is also Wet
Chemical Analysis. In this process measures the weight of solid (chips) then neutralization of analyte
and detection of end point using acid base indicator. The amount of constituent in the original
sample is calculated from the mass of precipitate and its chemical factor. It is suitable for both cast
iron, cast steel and alloy steel materials.
CHEMICAL ANALYSIS BY HANDHELD XRF ANALYZER
- X-ray fluorescence (XRF) spectrometry is an elemental analysis technique with broad application in science and industry. XRF is based on the principle that individual atoms, when excited by an external energy source, emit X-ray photons of a characteristic energy or wavelength. By counting the number of photons of each energy emitted from a sample, the elements present may be identified and quantitated.
- We have installed XRF Alloy Analyzer which is very fast and highly accurate. The equipment can be connected to computer and online report can be prepared.