- Visual Testing is one of the most common and most powerful means of non-destructive testing. Visual testing requires adequate illumination of the test surface and proper eye-sight of the tester. To be most effective visual inspection does however, merit special attention because it requires training (for example , knowledge of product and process, anticipated service conditions, acceptance criteria, record keeping etc.) and it has its own range of equipment and instrumentation. It is also a fact that all defects found by other NDT methods ultimately must be substantiated by visual inspection. VT can be classified as Direct visual testing, Remote visual testing and Translucent visual testing.
- The most common NDT methods MT and PT are indeed simply scientific ways of enhancing the indication to make it more visible. Often the equipment needed is simple for internal inspection, light lens systems such as bore scopes allow remote surfaces to be examined. More sophisticated devices of this nature using fibre optics permit the introduction of the device into very small access holes and channels. Most of these systems provide for the attachment of a camera to permit permanent recording.
- It is very simple method to use. Visual is lower cost but effective tool for welding inspection. Scenario of today all parts required visual inspection by qualified engineers.
- Direct Visual inspection can be use in welding, casting, forging, Etc. for Surface discontinuities in different industries like piping systems, oil & Gas refinery, Pressure Vessels, Storage Tanks, Etc. We have all type of Welding & measuring Gauges for Direct Visual Testing. This services provided by well trained and experienced Engineers of us.
- Remote Visual Inspection can be used in small accessible area which cannot checked by direct Visual Inspection. Remote Visual Inspection is Generally used in Pipes and Tubes (at manufacturing Stage or In Servicing Stage) Boilers Headers and Tubes, Storage tanks, Heat Exchangers Tubes and so many other , We have Videoscope from that we can do all Remote Visual Inspection with facilities of photograph capturing and video recording.
- We have an Olympus make Videoscope: IPLEX RX
The IPLEX RX has the best image quality. The unique PulsarPic™ image processor reduces noise and sharpens images, resulting in the exceptionally high resolution image. It brightly reproduces very small defects, and the sharp and clear images enable accurate and reliable inspections. It is equipped with a 6.5 inch monitor which displays small defects clearly from a comfortable distance for inspectors for easy identification. It is also light weight which helps in to smoothly carry it to difficult-to-access locations.