- Ultrasonic Testing (UT) uses high frequency sound energy to conduct examinations and make measurements. Ultrasonic inspection can be used for flaw detection/evaluation, dimensional measurements, material characterization, and more. Ultrasonic testing is carried out using an ultrasonic flaw detector and an ultrasonic probe. In the inspection, ultrasound is sent into the area of interest by straight beam or angular beams.
- The ultrasound can be reflected from an interface (ex. Discontinuity) and received by the probe. The reflected ultrasound is displayed on a cathode ray tube screen in the flaw detector and the signal can be analyzed. This method is good for detecting internal discontinuities. Ultrasonic can be done on all type of materials and forms like casting, welding , forging, rolled products and composite.
- The advantages of Ultrasonic Testing is it provides instantaneous result, Equipment can be highly portable or high automated, Nonhazardous, Highly accurate, minimum part preparation is required and low cost.We have a team of qualified and experienced Engineers. We provide high quality services for various industries like Casting, Forging, Fabrication, Piping, Boilers, Power plant and Refineries. We are equipped with advance and computer controlled equipments for service.
- Flaw Detection for Casting, welding, forging, rolled products, Piping Etc. with In built DGS, AVG, DAC, API 5UE and AWS D1.1 software with recording facility.
- Thickness Measurement with high resolution upto 0.001mm.
- Thru-Coat Measurement.
- Corrosion Mapping for Heat exchangers/Boilers Tubes.
- Oxide Scale Measurement for Pipes & Tubes.
- Thickness measurement at elevated Temperature upto 500 °C for Heat exchangers tubes and many more component.
- Thickness Measurement on outer and inner surface of ‘U’ portion of heat exchanger tubes.
We offer following corrosion tests at our lab: